Sunday, May 17, 2009

Kiteboarding in the Han River

Sunday afternoon I looked out the window and saw the trees blowing. I decided to take a chance and hop on to the subway with my kiteboard gear and head down to the Han River. I was pleasantly surprised to find a stiff breeze on the water and a couple dozen windsurfers and kiteboarders. Apparently, there is a wind club for kiters there and they've got a pretty decent setup...an air compressor, changing rooms, showers, astroturf, etc and are really nice guys. I lost my spreader bar somewhere on the subway and these guys had an extra one to loan me.

The club chases wind on the east and west coasts of South Korea every weekend and
they tell me they sometimes kite in the waves there. I found some pics on their website that look like there is some good potential for cracking lips. They have a website, www.hiwind.co.kr, which is where I took these photos from...I'm not sure who took them.

0 comments: