Friday, July 31, 2009

I quit my teaching job

From Online Edits


Today was my last day at work (oh yeah, I forgot to tell you, I decided to quit my ESL job). My kids threw me an awesome surprise going away party and gave me some really endearing goodbye letters and a hand painted fan that made me sad and giggle. (I've copied one letter below)

This weekend Jes and I are off for a two day trip to hike some super touristy mountain in the middle of South Korea...Songnisan National Park.

I'm long, long overdue for salt water. Tuesday we depart for several weeks of Siargao, a little island in the Philippines. AND all I gotta say is there better be some freaking swell or wind.

Next week is the 2009 Kiteboard Worlds racing at Crissy Field. I'm rooting for all the local boys back home...and kinda sorta wish I was there, but I remember how much of a grind 4 days of course racing on the San Francisco Bay against the likes of Sean Farley, Sky Solbach and Sean Richmond can be.

Wish me luck...wish me many long shacking barrels at Cloud9 on Siargao or any of its nearby brothers or sisters.

Last, I am heading back to San Francisco around the 20th of September for a couple weeks to celebrate my bro's engagement. He's having a thing called a 'betrothal'. I don't know what that is, but I'm damn happy for him and his to-be and I'm really looking forward to seeing family, friends and California.

luv ya all!

This is a letter reprinted from one of my students, Jessica

To Anthony

Hello' I'm 6th Grade Jessica.
When I first met you
I was like seeing a teddy bear
almost felt like pooh
It's like yesterday
we have first met but already
saying goodbye I'm so up set
last time in English class
when i got something wrong
you told so nicely that
through out this time the
word i haven't know
I got to use it in at home
school and at my academy
i was so happy
when i grow up, i'm going to
be a person like you teacher
like nice pretty
well even though you go to
san francisco don't forget
about us and be happy
-from-Jessica


From Roll 85

0 comments: