Friday, February 13, 2009

Full Moon Fever

There ain't no full moon tonight...in fact there isn't any moon tonight, it's just rainy and cold. I've had "Wonderwall" in my head for days. I never I liked Oasis, but I really like this song these days and enjoy singing and playing it on my acoustic guitar. I told Jes and she recommended I listen to the whole album, '(What's the Story) Morning Glory'. So after a couple martinis with my favorite Bombay Gin, I did, and I'm not impressed. Wonderwall was the best song by far, perhaps a one-hit- wonder...no disrespect intended Oasis fans. But I was then reminded of Yer So Bad, off of Full Moon Fever. Why did Wonderwall lead me to Yer So Bad? It may have had something to do with Jes' rants about how fabulous midget wrestling is and how much she wants to bring a midget home. So in honor of Yer So Bad, I listened to the Full Moon Fever album. Holy Shit! There are a lot of overplayed songs and a lot of overplayed albums, FMF being one of them. But it's a phenomenal album. And it still jerks my soul in 2009. Thank you Mr. Petty.

0 comments: